Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update

I need to update on my whiny post ;)

So after some encouraging words from readers, friends, and family, I have decided that I need to stop pressuring Piper to basically grow up. She is only little once and I need to enjoy her rather than be stressed out about this little thing that will resolve itself. She isn't going to want to wear diapers forever. So I am backing off.

I started attacking our laundry. It is still definitely winning the battle, but at least I am not allowing it to take over without a fight. Today, I cleaned the three major areas of our home- the kitchen, living room, and dining room/entry. They look good and that is a relief. As soon as Colbie wakes up from her nap, I am going to work on the girl's room. Whoop whoop!

I realize that I have a pack rat tendency. I know in my head that I need to get rid of 85% of Piper's old toys, but I keep convincing myself that we need them. This is something I desperately need to work through. If I don't, when Piper graduates high school her room will still contain toys from her infancy. Not cool.

As for the body image... well, still not over that, but I am going to deal until I have the time to really do something about it. Besides, summer is almost over, and with it goes bathing suit season. Praise the Lord. The way I see it, I have a entire year to work on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment