Saturday, September 18, 2010

Desperate Times

Sooo, Piper has been without a binky for almost 2 weeks.  And she still asks for it. Every. Single. Day.

This causes me, as her mother, to feel guilty about not giving her one.

The kid is only 2.5 years old. I thought for sure she would have forgotten about it by now.  I mean, when will binky forever be gone from her memory.  Maybe, her kicking the binky habit is equivalent to an adult quitting smoking.  I know that former smokers still crave a cigarette every now and then.

Poor thing is still hoping that one will turn up somewhere, too, and she is always looking for a substitute.  She has tried to suck on a scrapbook sticker that is in the shape of a pacifier.  When she came across a doll that had a pacifier she asked if she could put it in her mouth.  Friday, she had me call my parents so she could talk to them.  When Grandpa got on the phone she asked him if he had a binky at his house.  And do you know what he told her?  YES!  Ol' pushover.  I had to force him to throw it somewhere so that when she got to their house and asked for it he wouldn't be lying when he said he didn't know where it was.  Can you imagine how bad life would have been if she had been able to get her hands on that binky?  Bad  Grandpa!  Very Bad.

I know that eventually Piper won't think of her binky anymore.  But until then, I hope that this guilt won't tempt me to just give her the darn thing any more than it already has.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...sounds like Piper has an addiction for real. I can't believe she tried to suck a stick in the shape of a binky...that's hard core addiction there.

    ReplyDelete